Producing content for your website could have multiple reasons such as:
- Informing readers about what your site is about,
- Showcasing your products on landing pages,
- Creating quality content that entertains and engages visitors,
- Providing informational articles about your niche.
This is a short list, and some content could be created for other reasons too, but here we showed the main types.
So what does it have to do with SEO?
Keep on reading to find out more.
Let’s first remember that SEO is the art of bringing organic traffic to your website, and SEO experts focus mainly on two aspects, onsite and offsite, where onsite means your content in particular. As surprising as it may sound to nonspecialists, changing your content even a bit will have a direct effect on your rankings.
Below we present some general rules about the style of content a webmaster should publish in order to follow SEO best practices.
Writing The Article
Your content should be interesting, captivating and informative. One of your goals is that your visitors read your content and stay on your site for a while, so you do not want them to bounce back as soon as they have read a few words of your narrative.
If you are not prepared to spend on hiring a writer, here are some key notes to remember to write a captivating article.
- Add concrete examples – This technique is often used by good copywriters, adding examples when proving a point will give your article a stronger tone. Avoid writing articles that are purely theoretical. Instead, mention case studies or link your article to a journal article that can further support your theory. You can also consider an example that is somewhat connected to pop culture or the current news to provide a more relevant reference.
- Be unique – Uniqueness is the way to go in SEO as you want to differentiate yourself from the crowd. Developing a brand and standing out is important when you have aggressive competitors in your niche. Here at comperio we provide custom solutions adapted to each client, this is one of the ways we are so special.
- Be different – To go one step further, don’t just be unique, be different in style and use a unique form of communication. You can be funny, weird or quirky. Your articles should sound like a person speaking, trying to establish an engaging conversation with your readers. This way you will entice people to leave comments and engage more with your brand, as people relate more to a person than to a company.
- Write for an audience – If you are targeting a broader audience, stay away from complicated ideas and keep your paragraphs short and on-point. Do not treat your blog as if it was a personal diary, neither an interoffice memo. Make sure to write in digestible concepts. If there is the need to supplement your post with some reference material, link one term in your text to an authority site. Add high-quality photos and videos if needed.
- Review three times – Finally, be your fiercest critic. Proofread your article more than once and revise if needed to ensure that your message is authoritative and without flaw. This is truer than ever with the recent E.A.T. google update, which stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trust.
Writing For SEO
While keeping the above points in mind, there are additional SEO techniques to be used in order to create content that has a better chance of ranking well in search engine results.
- Select highly effective keywords – Using tools like Google Trends or Adwords will help you identify the popular key phrases to use. It is best to use long-tail phrases like SEO agency DeveloMark in NY as opposed to short-tail keywords like just SEO. Short-tailed keywords are highly competitive and difficult to rank for. Looking for your target audience’s social platforms is a splendid idea. See what is trending and pay attention to the phrases and terms these people are using.
- Do not overoptimize the keywords – By putting your main keywords in the title, you have optimized their placement already. Do not over do it. Terms related to your primary keyword should also be interspersed in the URL, meta description, and image alt. As your text is about your keyword, just make sure to sprinkle related terms sporadically in the article as well.
- Optimize your photos – To be honest, blogs without any visual elements are boring to browse. When you add images, you can help boost your ranking by utilizing the alt-text attribute. This will allow your images to show up in the image searches as well. Today, image-driven and video content is getting more popular, and it is the easiest form of material that can turn viral.
Ranking your site or blog at the top of page one results will be a long and difficult task. But one of the first steps is to learn how to generate content that both readers and search engines like. Hopefully you got a few ideas in this regard from reading this post.