What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
SEO is basically a way to increase the number of visitors to your site by making modifications to your site structure and content. When properly executed, SEO can result in a large amount of free high quality traffic.
If the site in question is a niche site selling a product, the end result will be more sales.
There are a few things that webmasters do in the optimization process. The following is a simple step by step guide for optimization of your site.
1. Develop an easy to decipher web structure
The structuring of your site has to allow a search engine bot to follow all the internal and external links in the site. An optimizer must make sure that the coding allows for the site content to appear first. This will make sure that bots place greater importance to the main subject of the site. A business person can do the coding himself, hire a developer or buy an already optimized website template.
2. Optimize the content
Content is the major part of the site and therefore has the highest relevance to the search engines and end users. Content optimization under SEO is done in the following ways:
- Be true to your niche – Make sure that your content stays in the topic of the site. If your site is about your restaurant, do not deviate from the food topic. Highly relevant sites get higher rankings on search engines and better reviews by end users.
- Proper content format – Format your content in such a way that headings and major points are highlighted. Spiders will be able to detect this and will assign higher quality scores to your site. At the same time, the end user will find your site easier to read prompting more browsing or repeat visits.
- Don’t worry about keyword density – This is the number of times your keyword appears relative to the total number of words in the entire page. In the past it was recommended for webmasters to have a density between (3-5) percent as higher percentages would cause the site to be flagged as spam or overoptimized.
- Just be natural – Nowadays search engines algorithms use artificial intelligence and are much advanced in detecting attempts to manipulate them. So focus on providing great content to your readers and do not worry too much about counting keywords on your page.
3. Link baiting and link building
With link baiting, a webmaster develops tools like apps, games, interesting content that have links to his site.
With link building, the webmaster links to sites that have more traffic than his. He also looks for ways that high quality sites can link to his site in their primary content. He can do this by using many ways. They include:
– Writing guest posts for these high quality sites with a link back to his site,
– Commenting on high traffic blogs related to his niche,
– Creating valuable content on his site that will attract visitors and some link to this content,
– Using citations, which are directories listing various businesses.
Link building is usually the hardest and most time consuming activity in Search Engine Optimization.
4. Having a social media strategy
This will help you connect with your visitors and potential clients, in getting more traffic and informing your loyal readers of changes to your site or product line.
SEO is hard work that can bear much fruit for a webmaster when executed properly and consistently, leading to better google ranking and more traffic to your site.
We offer consulting solutions not only to small businesses in the UK, but internationally as well with a focus on the English language, so mostly the UK, the US, Canada and Australia.
We also help various international companies involved with e-commerce sites, affiliate sites, marketing distribution channels, paid advertising, video marketing and conversion optimization.
We can accommodate most budgets to design a campaign, define target queries and traffic sourecs, enhance ranking and visitors on a consistent time frame while increasing conversion rates and ROI.